TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We guarantee all costumes look exactly as portrayed in the pictures. Our costumes are high quality lookalike mascot characters.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY
- You are entering into a hire agreement. If you don’t understand anything in the agreement, PLEASE CONTACT US.
- I undertake that the costume is to be hired for the agreed time.
- I accept that the costume is hired in good condition with any faults recorded and notified immediately (within 4 hours when received).
- I undertake to return the costume in a good condition suitable for re-hire.
- I understand the mascot must be accompanied by a chaperone at all times when being operated.
- I accept that the damage deposit is to be refunded on return of the complete outfit in good condition. If the outfit is damaged or items are lost, then part of all of my deposit will be forfeited.
- If I fail to make the costume available for collection on the agreed date, I am liable to additional costs.
- I understand that should any part of the outfit need to be dry cleaned, I am liable to lose a total of £15 off my deposit.
- I understand that the costume is not to be worn outside in wet conditions.
- I understand that Event Mascots are not responsible for any injuries caused to any persons whilst wearing the costume on hire.
- I understand that if the costume is beyond repair and deemed to be a total loss then the full amount to recover the costume is set at £200 and is payable by me.
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that all monies due in relation to deposits & hire fees are paid in full no later than seven days before the date of hire.
- For hire bookings that fall within the seven day period full payment must be made at time of order.
- Changes to your order after checkout will result in an additional £10 administration fee. This will include any variation to the order and includes but not exclusive to change of costume, delivery date, hire date and address etc.
- If you cancel your order you will lose your hire fee.
- We do not offer refunds but we can offer a credit note to be used within 18 months of the hire date.
- Goods will not be dispatched unless deposit and delivery has been paid and no refund will be given for hire fees of costumes not dispatched due to this.
- Costumes are for hire only and must be returned on agreed times. The property of the goods shall in no circumstances pass to the hirer.
DELIVERY & COLLECTION
- Local deliveries will be undertaken by Event Mascots unless otherwise stated. Costumes will not be left unless signed for by a person at the delivery address. Should no-one be available to receive delivery then the hire fee will be lost. For local deliveries we may make a second delivery attempt where practical however this will incur an additional fee of £10.
- Non Local Delivery & collection of singular or multiple mascot deliveries applies to one UK location at one time. All quotes unless specified are for UK MAINLAND ONLY delivery to Highlands and Islands will be more. Delivery shall be deemed to occur by Event Mascots when the goods are delivered to the hirer at the location agreed on the day PRIOR to the agreed hire date. Collection shall be deemed to occur from the client,when the goods are collected from the hirer at the agreed location on the day after the hire date (unless otherwise advised or due to holiday). If the hirer is unable to accept delivery or collection at the agreed times, and if this results in a delay in collection Event Mascots will add a £15 fee for every day the goods are un-returned. If the hirer fails to respond to contact from Event Mascots regarding damage to a returned costume, Event Mascots shall after 48 hrs deduct the deposit and refund the excess (if any remains). Delivery and Collection dates are fixed and can only be changed by the hirer with consent from Event Mascots. Under no circumstances will it be permitted to have items un-returned for a period of 3 days past the agreed dates unless expressly permitted.
- In the event of delayed collection whether it is the cause of the hirer or not, the hirer must assist Event Mascots to return the mascot via the designated courier. This includes but is not limited to ensuring the hirer is available to sign for the courier on days other than agreed in this contract.
- The Hirer shall carefully examine the goods on receipt and shall immediately notify Event Mascots of any defect within 4 hrs. In the absence of any such notification Event Mascots reserves the right to reject any claims arising out of the defect which may affect the hirers deposit.
- The hirer is solely responsible for ensuring the return mascot box is secured and addressed correctly with the means supplied and instructed eg: cable ties. Failure to do this may result in damage of the packaging and mascot on the return courier service. If this is deemed to occur the responsibility falls to the hirer to pay for reparation of damage and the deposit may be deducted accordingly in such a case.
- Event Mascots will use its reasonable commercial endeavors to ensure that goods ordered are available for delivery on the date specified in any quotation or acknowledgement of receipt of order. However it will not be liable for any loss suffered by the Hirer as a result of default in delivery by the courier or items provided due to circumstances outside Event Mascots reasonable control.